To get their top secret recipe for Smoked Wagyu Brisket you will have to buy a copy of our latest issue, but to accompany this delicious meaty goodness we have the perfect Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and slaw to accompany.
But first a few words from the boys on their love of barbecue...
"We love everything about BBQing. The flavour, the texture, the result and the process are so much better than cooking with gas, Sous-vide or anything else. Over the years the old man (Elvis’s dad, Adan) has taught us all sorts of tricks and techniques but in the end if you have the heat right, some great produce and some beers to drink while the food is cooking you’re going to have a great feed!"
250 ml Beef Stock
45 ml Jack Daniels
4 tablespoons tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha chilli sauce
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon potato starch
1 tablespoon water
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the potato starch and water, in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat
- Mix in the potato starch and water together in a small bowl until the mixture becomes a thick slurry
- Whisk that slurry into the boiling sauce then strain, and serve warm
- Makes about 250 ml, and any left overs can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
200 grams shredded cabbage
100 grams shredded carrot
3 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- Combine cabbage and carrot in a bowl and toss together.
- Add mayonnaise and mix through until well combined.
For those you wanting more inspiration and culinary guidance from the convenience of your own home, we have a copy of the boys book, Recipes for a Good Time, to give away to one lucky Glory Days reader. To enter visit our Facebook page for all the details!